Why Choose an IBCLC?
Breastfeeding doesn’t come naturally to most mothers; it is a learned behavior and takes time, support, and experience for mother and baby to build their breastfeeding relationship. The difficulties faced can be painful, frustrating and overwhelming, and lead to a desire to quit and switch to formula.
An or is the best source of evidenced-based breastfeeding information and assistance that will empower you to have a satisfying breastfeeding experience.
• They are the gurus of breastfeeding expertise and support.
• An must pass a comprehensive international exam and re-certify every 5 years to ensure that she stays up-to-date with current evidence-based information.
• ’s help mothers learn how to do everything from how to hold, position, and latch their baby to how to manage complex breastfeeding issues such as low milk supply, high-risk babies and much more.
• ‘s are the ideal professionals to answer personal questions and concerns. Saving your breastfeeding journey with one visit can ultimately save you and your family thousands in formula costs and even more in health care costs.
If you are having breastfeeding trouble, need support, encouragement, or just have questions don’t give up! Let us equip you with the very best support and knowledge to reach your goals!
• You want to learn as much as you can about breastfeeding.
• You had trouble in the past nursing your baby.
• You expect more than one baby or a baby who may arrive early or with a medical condition.
• You have had breast surgery in the past or have concerns about your breast anatomy.
• You worry about your health or a diagnosis in your history that may it difficult for you to breastfeed.
• Breast or nipple pain
• Painful latch & positioning assistance
• Concerns about milk supply (not enough or too much milk)
• Breastfeeding a baby with a tongue or lip tie
• Baby or babies that refuse to nurse
• Returning to work and maintaining supply
• Poor weight gain or infant weight loss
• Breastfeeding twins or a premature baby
• History of breast augmentation or reduction and supply concerns
• Reoccurring plugged ducts, mastitis, or thrush
• Weaning your little one
• And more!
What can our IBCLC’s do to help?
• Explain what may have caused the breastfeeding challenge or concern.
• Offer choices to help you correct the concerns at hand.
• Work with you to provide a plan of care.
• Suggest supplies or tools you may be able to use.
• Provide a plan of care comprised of written instructions, resources, and interventions for you to take home.
• Provide continued support after your appointment to ensure your lactation success.
• Offer suggested resources or follow-up information as needed per your diagnosis.
Lactation Services with Kaity and Rebecca of Nourish
International Board Certified Lactation Consultants who are committed to offering quality, compassionate, evidence-based lactation support to families in the Quad Cities and beyond. It is their mission to provide families with support through all stages of lactation, from the prenatal period to weaning a little one and all challenges in between. Their hope is to best equip moms with the tools and knowledge to get off to the best breastfeeding start as well as provide the needed support and encouragement to ensure long-term lactation success. Kaitlyn and Rebecca offer a variety of services including in-office consultations, latch consultations, walk-in office hours, prenatal consultations, video consultations, breastfeeding classes and more!